I guess we could have squeezed more New York into our lives, but we were beat. We slept in until 30 minutes before check out, wandered around the Chinese neighborhood briefly, then headed to the airport a couple of hours early.
When we checked into our hotel that night and I was practically giddy. It wasn't super swanky, but nice wouldn't be a stretch. And unlike our hotel in New York, it was sooooo close to everything and had an incredibly comfortable bed with puffy white bedding (so you know it's clean). It was on some sort of special on Hotels.com and was several orders of magnitude nicer than the hotel we planned on staying in.
Exhausted, we ordered pizza and watched Netflix. No tourism. No monuments. Just a huge pizza and a long night's sleep. Good day.
1 comment:
Whereabouts in the city are you staying? Em and I stayed over by GWU, which isn't really close to a lot of things, but it was nice and quiet (there was a 24-hour Walgreens around the corner... even going at 1 a.m. was not an issue) and right by a Metro station.
I love D.C. and I'm so glad the weather is good for you. :)
Post a Comment