Day 1, Portland to Long Beach
Securing our home for a 3 week outing was the first challenge of the trip. We cleaned swept and did piles of moldering laundry. We even bought renters insurance, so thieves are welcome to help themselves while we're out just so long as they really make a go of it and take enough to make the deductible worthwhile.
Then we made sure our puppy remembered us as the nice people who fed her cheese and took her to the dog park and let her snuggle on the bed before taking her to my parents' house. Once in the presence of her Labradoodle friend, Lupin, she had very little to say to us, so we left our substitute child without so much as a pat on the head before leaving for California to see Logan's family. Fortunately for me there is a puppy at Bianca's house who is quite snuggly.
Lest this series become "AYCJ - Why Maret Misses Olive," I will tell you what fun we had meeting up with the sisters and eating food and losing my wallet within the first few hours of landing. Fortunately it is in a "VERY secure place" according to the manager at the restaurant. We will retrieve it as soon as poor Bianca returns from her early shift at the hospital--a shift we slept through on her surprisingly comfortable bed.
Bianca lives with two other gals in a really adorable, really big house built in the 20's on top of Pomona's only hill. The place is awesome and each girl's bedroom is a little sanctuary of books and adorable bedding and pictures of travel and girlfriends. It made me miss having a girly room full of girly candles and far to many scented lotions. It's enough to make me consider moving the Elk head adorning my own bedroom to a different part of the house and buying a few paper lanterns.
2 comments:
Say hi to the biancsta for me! You WOULD leave right when I get back. Now who will decorate my Fall sugar cookies, hmm? in three weeks it will officially be time for HalloWEEN cookies and you'll have missed the LEAF theme entirely
The only thing I can think of when I hear Pomona is Ben Lee's "Catch My Disease" and the line, "I was backstage in Pomona... and that's the way I like, that's the way I like it."
Sounds like your trip is already a blast. I'm jealous, of course, even though I'll be in SoCal in about six weeks. Keep us posted on the travels!
Post a Comment