Last night Logan and I looked at where we were and thought, "Well isn't this strange? Here we are at a Lady Gaga party. I can accurately identify only one Lady Gaga tune, but nevertheless, here we are at a poolside dance for singles in Southern California. Odd. But a lot of fun."
Flight 2, Day 5: Long Beach to SLC
Beatrice and Hubby picked us up from the airport and basically took us on a food tour of Salt Lake and Lehi. We walked through the Saturday Farmer's Market, coveted every item in Caputo's, ate orgasmically good pizza at Settebello for lunch, and had an early dinner at an excellent taco cart in Lehi. At Caputo's, I finally bought myself a truffle oil--small enough to get through security but big enough to last until next visit. I love my foodie friends.
They mercifully let us nap in their bed for an hour or so before heading off to Chez Elliseux--home of Geek Out Night and many impromptu gatherings. It was weird being in my old neighborhood and walking through the Ellisses' door as if I had lived down the street all along. Everything was exactly the same except the youngest Ellis has grown a bit in the last 4 months, and no one is more painfully (albeit, happily) aware of this fact than his mother.
We ate more. And more. And I did a dramatic reading of My Immortal Harry Potter--the world's worst fan fiction of all time. We had all of the standard awkward conversations, made fun of baby names, and talked until we were all nearly dead asleep.
Now as I wrap up the evening, the cats who have never shown much interest in me before are now in the mood for a snuggle.
1 comment:
I can name TWO Lady Gaga songs!!! There's that Alejandro one that plays in every boutique aimed at teenages you go into, and then there's the bad romance once that On the Rocks did. Who is hip now!
Post a Comment