Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Four Uninteresting Updates

I have felt the urge to watch Arrested Development's Osama highlights. Because if any TV show was able to capture the humor of the situation, it was Arrested Development. And, as the show predicted, the criminal was hiding out in relative comfort. Possibly at a Bluth company model home? Complete with a home-fil WMD? I just hope the government checked for Osama's scar. For the record, the very first thing I thought of this morning was that it was Saddam that they found. Or was it? I'm so confused. How do I remember the entire script of the show without remembering who the bad guy was in the end? Spoiler alert: it was Lucille.

Today I was stood up by a client. Which really sucks because she hadn't paid me yet AND to add insult to injury, I wore a button-down top and uncomfortable heels to perpetuate the illusion of professionalism. I'm grumpy about it, but I know if she shows up tomorrow, check in hand, I will spackle on a smile and pretend I wasn't offended at all.

Operation evict-a-kitty was successful. Many of you have expressed concern that I no longer love my cat. This is not true. Mrs. R and I just have disagreements about where the cat litter should and should not go. After one too many days of sweeping her messes up, I put her outside and I haven't looked back. She's more gray than white now a days, but at least everyone is happy.

Budding architect of mine has retreated into pre-finals month AND just got a copy of Portal 2 for his birthday, so I see him less and less. I am consoling myself by working my way through a stack of books. First up: Bonk by Mary Roach. It's about the science of sex. But so far takes a Bill Bryson The Short History of Nearly Everything approach in that it talks about how the scientists went about researching everything we know about sex. It's fascinating and hilarious. And the prologue is called "foreplay" which pretty much says it all.

3 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

They were looking for Saddam. But the principle remains.

Josh Alder said...

I always liked that Larry Thomas, the actor who played the Soup Nazi, was one of the Saddam decoys.

"I am 'No Scar'... dot com."

Josh Alder said...

Oh man... turns out Larry Thomas ALSO played Osama bin Laden in a Uwe Boll movie!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postal_(film)