Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why I Love Law School, Reason #37

It's conversations like this that keep me coming to my 2 hour 8 AM Business Tax class:

Tax prof: "Let me tell you a War story from High School."

Student: "You remember high school?"

Tax prof: "I can remember back as far as the 30's. Anyway, in my trigonometry class, the teacher decided to make a test so hard you HAD to use a calculator. Fine I said, give me a calculator and I will use it. But no--we had to buy our own calculators. Just to make her mad, I refused to use a calculator on the test. We had problems like 3^20 and crazy stuff. But I refused to use a calculator."

Student: "Wow. You showed her."

Tax prof: "Yeah, and to make her super mad, I used a PEN!"

Student: "Woah! Did you also wear a leather jacket when you were taking the test?"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's amazing. :D

elliespen said...

Love it. Who is this professor?

Motion DeSmiths said...

Professor Lambert, an adjunct. He basically loses money teaching our class (we pay our adjuncts 1k per credit hour--I shudder to think of his billable hour as a practitioner in SLC who graduated summa cum laude from BYU and first in his class from Columbia Law school).