First, I was browsing through my sister's wedding picture website. Everyone looked amazing, especially the bride. Out of no where--between shots of the flowers and my baby cousins--appeared this incredibly random misplaced shot:
Second, we finally got news about architecture school. We check the mail every day (sometimes twice a day) looking for big envelopes with big news. Unfortunately we spent the last 11 days obsessing without finding any news at all. Out of nowhere Logan called me in the middle of the day--He got an email telling him he got into University of Oregon's Master's of Architecture Program! YAAAY!
It's a fantastic school and one of the most difficult to get into that WE applied to. So, we're pretty thrilled to have AN option. I was giddy about it all day and could not focus at school. As per usual...
Finally, and most unexpectedly, I got laid off from my job at the publishing company today (along with over half the office). The fact that the news was delivered by a close friend who also lost her job lessened the blow. Also the writhing, slobbering, excited puppy helped keep the conversation relatively light. I'm just glad they told me today instead of on my birthday tomorrow. As Lost in Translation said to me, "In 3 years, receiving the news the day before your birthday will be ironic. The day of? Would live in infamy in the Shitty Hall of Fame." Could not agree more.
We're going to be fine. Though the bar application fees might sting a little more than they would have otherwise, we have food storage and savings and Logan still has his part time job (with his fancy new 10 cent raise). Plus, now that he knows he got into architecture school the pressing need for good grades has decreased and he can take on more hours at work.
Now I need to decide how to spend my Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. Does anyone have any productive thoughts?
Anyway, that's the good, the bad, and the truly bizarre.
2 comments:
Sorry about the job layoff...you can always have Sunday dinner with the Candrian...we're so exciting.
Hum, I seemed to have miss that family at the wedding too! That is too funny! Please e-mail me the link to the wedding photos.
Have a very...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!Cogratulations to Logan on his acceptance to architectural school.
So are we on for brunch after the Rex Lee race tomorrow? Our treat. Give me a call on my cell...we'll celebrate your birthday and your future.
I always thought your family was too white. Way to bring in the diversity! Sorry about the job. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment