It's raining. Hard. In fact, it's been raining for a few days now, but last night Maret and I had to get out so we took her coworker's suggestion and went to the really nice movie theatre by the hotel. I've never seen a movie theatre like this. I was first clued in that this was going to be a nice place when, after the lady at the desk helped us buy tickets and reserve our seats on her desk top touch screen, I went to the bathroom... and watched movie trailers on the flat screen TV in front of the urinal! What luxury! When I walked out of the bathroom I found Maret standing in line at the concessions stand even though we had already "snuck in" the interesting candies from 7-11 that I've never heard of. Maret, however insists that if we're paying full price for a first run movie (I don't think I've done this in at least 4 years, really) then we're doing it right. It's only now processing how much those drinks and popcorn cost in American dollars, but at least it was adventurous; they had chocolate popcorn, which the lady put on top of our expertly mixed salty and caramel extravaganza.
In the theatre, they had big comfortable leather seats that could reasonably go in my living room and I wouldn't complain. The seats were basically what your average domestic airlines first class seats are trying to be. So we settled in for the tear-jerking saga: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We decided in the first ten minutes that we were going to enjoy it no matter what. This was a good strategy. I recommend it. I've never seen so many action adventure genres poured into one movie. I really don't want to spoil the edge-of-your-seat plot elements for you so I wont say much more. Just that it was a great popcorn flick. I'm glad we had popcorn for it, I guess. I'm even more more glad it was chocolate popcorn! mmMMMmm.
1 comment:
We won't be able to get any chocolate popcorn, but looking forward to a trip to Seattle for Cinerama version. You didn't mention the screen. Was is one?
Sounds like you are fitting right in...
Post a Comment