I'm really delighted today. Things that delight me:
Lowes Hardware Store. A recent study of my shopping habits indicates that I am 94% more likely to shop at a store if Olive can come along. Thus between Walmart and Lowes for Christmas supplies, Lowes was the clear winner. Plus, you would not believe the customer service you get when you bring your dog with you. We had a nice lady show us every (real Oregonian) Christmas tree in the place and give us a significant discount. Full credit goes to the puppy dog eyes.
New shoes. Confession: I have been wearing the same pair of men's Diesel tennis shoes almost every day since February 2008. They were pretty cute for the first 7 months before the colors blended and faded. Then they remained comfortable and hole-free all they way until last month. Last month I realized I had been wearing the shoes of a vagrant teenager, not an attorney (AT LAW!).
In truth, I have not done much to change my style since high school, so I finally went on a serious shopping trip. Ever since, I have felt like a new woman. In addition to pants that fit, I now have several new pairs of shoes designed for an adult. While wearing them, I can call myself an attorney without shame.
MY Office. I finally broke down and got a real office in a real building. I am feeling incredibly awesome about it. It's one of those executive suite deals where you have a private office but share a kitchenette, conference room, restroom, and reception. The building is nice and client-friendly.
Granted, if you were to see my personal office and mistake it for a closet, no one would blame you. It's teeny tiny, but the price was freaking right. I'm meeting all my clients in the conference room anyway, so one has to see it but me. Plus the other attorney in the building is hysterically funny. He does personal injury and has quite the sense of humor about himself.
I'm totally on a roll! Things are picking up and I am loving self-employment. Huzzah for taking the next step.
3 comments:
All of those things are awesome! You should post some pictures of your new shoes so we can see your adult footwear.
I'm so excited for you and your practice. If I were there, I'd totally join you and do immigration law. That would be the coolest.
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=486830&CategoryID=13247&LinkType=PDPZ1
http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0224298
http://www.naturalizer.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC0225029
Booooooooyah!
Post a Comment