Well, everyone. I'm sad to report that after only 4 days here, I've had my first very first "Stupid American who can't Recognize Asian Faces" moment. Okay, so I'm at work, and as my supervisor is out of town, I have to make the rounds asking every single attorney in the firm whether or not I can help them with anything. Most of them say no, and the rejection is starting to get to me. But anyway, yesterday one of the partners asked me to write a memo. Hooray! Later the same guy who asked me for the memo came into my office and asked me if I knew any attorneys in Spain. Uh. No. But I will look on our alumni website, I told him.
Well, anyway, I finished the memo, went to his office, and proceeded to ramble off all the people I found on the website who work in Spain. After awhile I noticed his...puzzled look and he finally said "and what is this for?" And then it hit me. I'm an idiot. It was a completely different short Chinese attorney with black hair, a striped button down shirt, and glasses. GREAT!
2 comments:
ha ha ha ha ha!!! Stop distracting me with your hilarious blog stories!
HAH! That mistake has to be due to lack of familiarity. Your face cells just aren't up to snuff yet. Nevertheless, before you leave Hong Kong, when your perceptions are honed, you will probably be one of those appalled critics of undiscerning Americans.
In the meantime, can you slap a Chinese person in the face for me, but tell them that it was from "the world."
Are they as embarrassed with their government as they ought to be?
Post a Comment