Friday, June 29, 2012

Pregnant Women are Smug

If you haven't heard from facebook, I'm up the duff. In the family way. Knocked up. Expecting. Pregnant. Prego! Preggers!

None of these expressions is particularly flattering, but I find myself drawn to "in the family way" for the same reason that I choose to go to the "apothecary" instead of the "compounding pharmacist." Same diff--just daintier.

I will be maintaining my maternity blog and keeping most of the obnoxious pregnancy stuff over there. If you're interested in reading, e-mail motiondesmiths@gmail.com for the link, or if you know me personally, contact me however.

I think that keeping pregnancy blogs separate from normal blogs is a good thing. Especially since I really don't want to censor and I know that I've used real names on this blog far too often to believe it's really private. The maternity blog is pretty locked down in that respect. Another reason to keep it separate is because pregnancy is obnoxious. Pregnant women are smug. Pregnant complaints make me want to stab people. There's nothing like seeing a facebook complaint about morning sickness the day after your third miscarriage to make you hate all pregnant women.

And yet there is validity there that should be expressed somewhere--just not to infertile people who are tired of hearing it. I want a place to collect particularly nasty barf stories and gush about my blessed fertile womb valley and relate the details of my old lady vitamin regimen. And lucky for you folks, that place is generally not here.


4 comments:

Terry said...

Congratulations!

Pregnant Women are Smug . . . love the video! So, I won't ask any trite questions so you won't be placed in the position of giving smug answers.

And, just so you know, my life was absolutely meaningless before I became a mother. And I have done absolutely nothing of value since becoming a mother that doesn't relate to motherhood. Yep, I have motherhood and the men, they don't. Matriarchy rules.

But I seriously love being a mom and wish you all the best.

Trevor and Amy said...

That video is awesome! Looking forward to more updates! :)

Lauren said...

Congratulations!

Amy Lovell said...

Um...no, I definitely didn't know you were pregnant, I'm shocked my dear mother hasn't told me yet. Maybe she doesn't know either? Either way, CONGRATS.

I hear you on not wanting to complain about pregnancy. I sure the heck hope I never (openly) complained about it via my blog/fb, and I don't think I did, even though I totally despised it, but I hope you enjoy it. In fact, I'm terrible and tried to do the opposite of complain, and instead boasted about how active I was while pregnant...because that's what matters, you know. :)

Whatever, now I'm just saying lame things, but I totally want in on that blog of yours, here's my email address: amycandrian@gmail.com.


So excited for you and Logan!!!!