Today on my Nina Simone Pandora station, my ears perked up at this song about a man who knows how to please his lady--through housework, of course: Rubbing on the Darned Old Thing
NEW RUBBING ON THE DARNED OLD THING (Sam Theard) Oscar's Chicago Swingers (vocal: Lovin' Sam Theard) - 1936
My gal bought me washboard and a tub
I put my Shade on the board, started to rub
I start rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
Now, she said, "Poppa, don't you rub so rough
When you hear me holler, then that's enough"
So I start rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
(Clarinet Solo)
And I start rubbin' it with care
While she sat down in a chair
I kept rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
She said, "I sure likes the way you rub
You got the best washboard bin in my tub
I start rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
(Trumpet Solo)
I kept rubbin', the clock struck six
Said, You got time to get your kicks"
I start rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
I said, "Mama, just keep still"
That stroke didn't get it, but this one will
I'll start rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
(Piano Solo)
I got tired, started to sweat
She said, "Don't quit, you ain't started yet"
I start rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
She held up her dress and started to grin I said,
"Baby, let's do it again"
Kept on rubbin', rubbin' on the darned old thing
4 comments:
That's hilarious. Love it.
What does this have to do with sex?? He's gettin' the laundry done. I think it's cute, I'm gonna use it in my next Family Duties lesson!
p.s.My husband hasn't come near my washboard in years. ; )
Hi - Sorry for leaving this unrelated-to-the-post comment on your blog, but I'm not sure how else to get in touch with you. About a year ago, you left a comment on a post at FMH recommending the Mercy Thompson series. Thank you!! I checked out the first book and have been hooked ever since. I've now recommended the books to several people who have all enjoyed them. I also read the Alpha & Omega series. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!
You would have looooooooooved my Pop Music in American Culture class. It was taught by this crabby, bitter guy whose whole purpose in teaching this class was to point out how it's ALL about sex. Someday I'll find my notes.
Post a Comment