Thursday, December 18, 2008

To Do.

Throughout busy semesters I typically compile a list of things to do when I have time. This semester I had only one thing on the list: do nothing. I am beside myself with giddiness that the time is now and that since finishing finals last Friday I have accomplished so little and have enjoyed myself so very much.

Admittedly, my "do nothing" isn't as idle as it could be. I cooked up a storm and went Christmas shopping, but I did it without pangs of guilt that I should be doing everything else. I also played a little AOEIII online with Lover. He has dubbed himself Cptn Redbeard and I am Yankee Bayonet (in honor of a favorite Decemberists song). As an aside, I think I should have named myself after one of their more violent songs, like Shankill Butchers, because I am teh suck against these online AOE people. Even the noobs kill me. :( We played with some friends at Geek Out Night part II: Return of the Geeks. Geek Out night was founded by us and fellow law students hoping to revive our old way of life back when it was fun. The evenings have been wildly successful in terms of company, entertainment, and food. This time it even scored high marks in hilarious conversation.

On Tuesday Lover and I fled Utah and are now at the Oregon coast celebrating one year of being "married-married-married." It's the type of rainy stormy gorgeous that few appreciate. The wind and waves are crashing against the rocks and I'm cozy inside with a fireplace, hot chocolate and adoring husband. It's basically bliss.

1 comment:

Madame Palmkey said...

You'd better write another post, cookiesagster