Saturday, December 13, 2008

sour D'OH! --- MODIFIED


I, Logan, have decided to put my recipe on blog because I'm extremely proud of it. When I say my recipe, I'm referring to the only recipe I have any right to call "mine".





Logan's Dour Sourdough Bread

family:Calibri;font-size:11pt;">1/2 cup starter

3 c. flour

1 c. milk

1 1/2 T. sugar

2 tsp. yeast.

1 eggs (or 2 opt.)

2 tsp. salt

Mix starter with milk, sugar, and 1 cup flour, cover (not airtight) to keep the devil out, and leave over night.

Preheat oven to 375. Pour batter into bread maker, add the rest of the ingredients. run the bread maker on Dough cycle. Shape onto baking sheet. I use a silpat silicon thing but if you have a normal one, you should probably flour the pan first. I like to brush the surface of mine with lightly salted egg goo because it makes me feel pro. I suppose this would mean you need a second egg.



Bake 20 min at 375.













And there you have it. I came to this final product after much trial and error and messes. You really won't believe how proud of it I am.

1 comment:

Madame Palmkey said...

I'm glad you keep up the manly smith tradition of being the breadbaker and sometimes breadwinner. I like the term breadwinner because it makes the so titled seem really lucky. Look! We have a breadwinner! Step right up and shake my hand!