
I saw this on facebook, and nearly keeled over laughing.
I'm certain that reactions to this picture that won't necessarily coalesce with peoples' views on the amendment. Even some people who support the Prop 8 must think it a weeeeee bit strange to effectively equate the title of liberty--which rallied people to prevent their race from being enslaved and murdered to Prop 8--which will prevent people in California from getting married and therefore somehow protecting "normal" families from those dastardly homosexuals.
Yeah, the "Yes on 8" folks lost some legitimacy with this hummer of copyright violation.
6 comments:
If people spent as much time and energy building good relationships with their spouses and children as they do trying to stop gay marriage, they'd be a lot happier.
There is absolutely no satisfaction in tirelessly advocating for legalized discrimination all in the name of religion... at least, not in my book.
"But meddle not with any man for his religion: all governments ought to permit every man to enjoy his religion unmolested. No man is authorized to take away life in consequence of difference of religion, which all laws and governments ought to tolerate and protect, right or wrong. Every man has a natural, and, in our country, a constitutional right to be a false prophet, as well as a true prophet."
-- Joseph Smith, History of the Church 6:304
OMG, I love you, Maret. I just have a hard time believing this picture was made in earnest-- it must be satirical, mustn't it? Where did you find it?
On the plus side I can bookmark your blog now!
Wow. What some people won't do...
on an unrelated note: the word verification for me to post this note was "sodshrum." That amused me.
For me this is a testament to how the Book of Mormon Prophets saw our day. I mean, their messages is really for US, you know? Too bad that entire story will be irrelevant tomorrow. I guess I can just cut a few chapters out of Alma from now on! Seriously, thanks internet for translating those weird characters! I never knew what they said anyway.
I'm Pro Prop-8.
And anti... this... thing.
Did you delet you last post?
I am offical reader to your page now, just so you know.
Post a Comment