As I look back at my three years in Utah, I have one deep regret:
Failing to capture the ridiculousness that is BYU and bring it with me to Oregon.
I think when I left, I was glad to be rid of it. But now I'll go to barbecues and try to describe The Daily Universe or relate the hilarious PSAs and posters and no one really believes me. Even now, words fail to describe the cheese, the overt religiousity, the Mao-like honor code propaganda.
So I'm going back. This week when we visit Utah, we are including a Tour de BYU to photograph all the hilarious, obnoxious, silly stuff. Then we can have show and tell.
To make things more interesting, I'm considering going in a tank top. A little sociology experiment, you know?
Can you wait? I can't wait.
4 comments:
Looking forward to those pictures. I've never even been to Provo, let alone BYU so I'm looking forward to that 'education' I missed out on staying in heathen Oregon.
Please wear a tank top. And make sure to carry a backpack with you so you look like a student. I'd love to be a confederate and observe the looks on the faces of judgmental passersby. If only I could escape from the underground dungeon/lab.
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for extra hilarious things (I've been here so long I'm practically immune).
It is all about the wrong footwear if you are going to offend people at BYU Idaho. Wearing flip flops is a fun way to receive scathing looks. Have fun being "apostate".
Just show people this video, it will explain it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfCy_t4BH9Y&feature=player_embedded
Or this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXNGf7H-JcQ&feature=player_embedded
I could go on and on.
Post a Comment