Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Maret, UNCENSORED!

Bar study blows. That's really all there is to it. I never imagined it would be this hard, this picky, this detailed, this finicky or this MUCH. But alas.

Logan and I put in 13 hour days (I include my incredibly distracting contract job) and we usually set aside an hour or two each day to say hi to one another, get groceries, go to the dog park, that sort of thing. It's pretty freaking romantic and I know you're aching to be as intimate as we are.

You can start by sending the one you love picture texts of the crap you're doing. If your beloved is doing something far more interesting that you are, you can live through him. So, while Logan gets pictures of my latest score reports and of the animals looking hot and bored, I get pretty pictures of miniature stick towers and diagrams with varying line weights (oooo).

And why am I updating now? Well, the time I set aside to painstakingly research all the problems I missed was cut short when I miraculously and unprecedentedly only missed a couple out of my little 15 question drill. I only mention it because it has NEVER happened before. NEVER.

Also, I crave human interaction. But only with certain people--the people I can be real with. The people to whom I can say "I feel like a total bitch today and I'm going to fail," and they're like, "WELL LET'S MAKE COOKIES!"* I declined to go dancing yesterday because I couldn't stand the thought of making nice people cry. I just have NO censor right now. I'm too stressed, to strung out, too pissed that my future depends on this archaic ritual with virtually no modern application that I will just say what I want lest I explode. I had visions of me coldly insulting the rhythm of sweet, nice boys who just want to learn to dance. So I didn't go. It's almost like I'm being thoughtful, no?

Anyway, my point with all of this is that you may comment and I shall pretend that your words are, in fact, real interaction with another human.

*No one has actually said this to me, but I wish they would. MIL was pretty close though, when she allowed me to use their oven on Sunday.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I would probably never say "Let's" make cookies... it's better to open the kitchen, find ingredients, and enjoy the results when you bake them... anytime you want. MIL

MJG said...

I am going to send you a picture text sometime of something exciting. (Like myself not sweating for the first time in 3 weeks because our AC finally got fixed!! Or maybe of myself making a sad and pathetic face as I contemplate the fact that I will soon have to respond to actual essay questions on subjects about which I know almost nothing, e.g., administrative law.)

Miss D said...

I'll share my husbands pictures with you so we can both live through his life - camping with Bedouins and visiting pyramids. And then you can whine to me about the bar, and I can whine to you about having to live in Utah for one more year / living without the-husband-that-I'm-way-more-attached-to-than-I-realized for 3 months. Then I would suggest we make gelato, although if we happened to include cookies in whatever mess we made I would not be opposed. At least, that's what would happen if those damn 2000 miles would get out of the way.

Kristen said...

Honestly, that hardly seemed uncensored. Why don't you bring Olive out to play with the kids? Oh, wait . . . you abandoned us to our Utah Valley fate.

gurrbonzo said...

"I'm too stressed, to strung out, too pissed that my future depends on this archaic ritual with virtually no modern application that I will just say what I want lest I explode."

Maybe the best line in Americas. Both Americas.

Motion DeSmiths said...

I am gleeful that my shameless pandering for comments worked! Despite my aversion to the phone, I really want to call you all and catch up. I will put it on my list of things to do "after the bar."

Xoxo Grandma said...

I'd invite you over from dinner but I know you'd decline. When is the Oregon bar?

Madame Palmkey said...

Let's set the record straight. I may never have said "Let's make cookies!" But I HAVE said "It's earth day and I am making cookies and need you to frost them." So when I get back from lands afar we shall make cokies

Lost in Translation said...

I sent an absurdly long, story-laden letter off to you this morning. It's not quite human interaction, but it should at least make you laugh at some points.

And remember, we are coming into town in three weeks and you better let us hang out with you. or I will pout like this. :(

Even if you are feeling bitchy or you tell the whole world to go have an auto-erotic experience with itself, it will be all right. Whatever happens, it will be all right. Really, pass or fail, it will be all right.

I will send you a picture of the cave I've been working in the last week and maybe it will make you feel a little better.