To facebook readers,
I'm getting a little weary of all this Prop 8 enthusiasm, especially on the BYU campus. Furthermore I am extremely wary of voluntarily GIVING the government MORE POWER than it already has to restrict our personal lives. If you choose to vote for Prop 8, please make sure your decision is not based off of the false propaganda preying on your fears that:
1. Children will be taught gay marriage in schools
2. Religious institutions will be required to perform gay marriages or will be in any way hindered from excluding gays
3. Religious adoption agencies will be required to send children to gay homes
4. Religious schools will be required to provide married gay housing
5. Speaking out against gay lifestyles will constitute hate speech
6. That it will somehow cost you money
Obviously, if any of the above was true, it would be bad-news-bears for religious institutions. But fear not, my cherubic saints in Zion. Our federal constitution protects our right to freedom of religion. We don't need additional state constitutional restrictions.
Please see the following article for thorough, well-cited, well-reasoned, law-based explanations: http://www.affirmation.org
2 comments:
What I am taking from this post is that you wish you had a married a woman. For shame.
I bet the commentary was not published in the daily universe.
Post a Comment