Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm about to pay to live in a hole for 12 months. Shoot me.

I can get a bit obsessive over things, and moving has proved to be one of them. I have been glued to my computer refreshing Craigslist every 5 minutes waiting for some amazing, cheap, centrally located rental to appear. It hasn't. It likely doesn't exist. So what this means is that I get to toss buckets of money away every month for something that is merely mediocre. I would prefer to buy a house but my silly education has prevented me from earning a steady income, and they don't just hand out loans to anyone nowadays.

So I'm stuck thinking about how my yearly rent would make a sizable addition to a down payment on a house of my own. Ugh. But a girl can dream.

Wanted: Cute, quiet, non-scuzzy house for rent in Eugene with a large fenced back yard with mature trees, raised garden beds, and a hot tub in an enclosed gazebo. 3 bedrooms including a master suite. Large kitchen with well-designed work triangle, windows, pantry, garbage disposal and dishwasher. 2 full bathrooms, one with double sinks and a jacuzzi tub, the other with a tub/shower, plenty of storage. Home may either be located near Euphoria Chocolate or Sweet Life. Please remove all vagrants and punk-ass kids in the area prior to move-in. Willing to pay $600/month. My dog and cat are coming and you will not charge them additional rent because they're awesome and perfect in every way. Oh. And I realize it's only hot 3 months of the year, but I want air conditioning.

4 comments:

MJG said...

If you find such a place, let me know so I can steal it out from under you. I would totally move to Oregon for a place like that. I don't know if Mark would come with me, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. ;)

Josh Alder said...

Wow... save the hot tub and the mature trees and such in the yard (and the proximity to Sweet Life and Euphoria), you've pretty much described the ShepAlder house.

The only thing is we had to buy it and live in Portland. I will still be hoping you find YOUR place in Eugene. Unless you feel like moving to our neighborhood, as there are a couple of homes for sale.

Logan said...

Well, I could potentially do the second two years of architecture school at the Portland Campus, but I don't know if it has the classes I'm looking for.
Although, if those houses are Still for sale in a year when we'll be in the market. Um yeah, we could get a steal.

Motion DeSmiths said...

Yeah, it's easy to buy a house like this. Not easy to find a rental like this--at least not in my budget.