Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Imagining Mickey's Musical Firework Medley: The game

My head has been ringing all day. A headache born of the stress of decisions. But it's night. I'm alone in my house in my old BYU Law sweatshirt. A big bowl of cereal. The sounds of the dryer and and old "When I Go Deaf" playing on my crappy laptop speakers. And in this moment, the pressure in my head is beginning to release where ice packs and a mega dose of Aleve have failed me.

It's just one of those totally mundane moments that I never want to forget.

Anyway, one of my friends is at Disneyland right now. Anyone who has ever been to Disneyland knows that the musical medley during the fireworks show is cheese-tastic. So we have a new game that doubles as an instant pick me up when you're feeling down: Mickey's Musical Medley. Just throw the following words into a bag: wish, color, imagination, hope, dreams, magic, true, wonder, heart, star, world, hope. Draw at random. Congrats. You have created a Musical Medley. Example:

Dreams and wishes!
Wishes and Dreams.
It's the color of wonder and magical things.
Imagine your wishes as stars.
Hope for magic.
Be true to your dreams.
It's the world of colors and wishes and DREEEEEEAMS.
Of your heart.

I know it's hard to believe, but that took me less than one minute to compose. I even have the melody in my noggin, complete with sparkles and spoken word transitions by Julie Andrews and a cast of Disney characters. These things write themselves. If you're having any trouble imagining my song, just click on ANY point of this 10 minute firework medley. Holy crap. That's Julie Andrews. And I thought I was making this stuff up.





4 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

Dream in the color of your wish
The true magic of imagination!
Have hope in the world
And in your wish
And the wonder of the colors of your wish.

HOW HIGH CAN A SYCAMORE GROW?!

Have faith in your dream
And it will come true.

Lauren H. said...

I wish that in my dreams
I could see the colors of the wind.
I wish that my heart would show me
who I am inside.

If I could only imagine,
I would truly imagine
A world shining brightly!
Filled with peace and life!
The colors of each rainbow
Would vanish all our strife!

I will have hope.
My prince will come.
He will show me a world that is
SPLENDID!
Together we will touch the stars
And make the pathway bright!

Madame Palmkey said...

Oh wow Lauren. You have showed me the Disney in the hymnal.

You can make the pathway bright
Fill your soul with heaven's light
If there's sunshine in your heart

You can send a shining ray
Turning darkness into day
If there's sunshine in your heart today

If there's sunshine in your heart!

Dream, wish, hope, love, prince sunshine kiss!
RAINBOW!

Trevor and Amy said...

I think my cheesiest Disney memory is when I was with you on the shuttle and the singing driver. That was pure cheesy bliss. Lets go back when our kids are older and when we have money.