Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dark and Twisted. Cookies from HELL! That taste like heaven....

This is as edgy as a Utah blog gets...

I am a cookie genius. The following recipe was inspired by a cookie purchased from the Deseret bookstore--ironically, the cookies are the only inspiring thing they sell. Mine are way better, though, and I'm not even charging for the recipe...yet...


DaRk and tWIStED CoOkiEs:

2 C flour
2 1/2 C oatmeal (blended to a fine powder)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 C salted butter
1 C white sugar
1 C brown sugar
2 large eggs
several teaspoons of vanilla....just dump in in, really
DARK Chocolate chips
Heath toffee bits
1 C of hard pretzel twists, scrape off most of the salt with your fingers and break into moderate-sized bits

Preheat oven to 350

1. Mix dry ingredients, set aside

2. In your fabulous Kitchen Aid, cream butter and sugars

3. Add vanilla (liberally) and then eggs, one at a time

4. Add the flour mixture until thoroughly incorporated, which is difficult because this is a huge recipe, so make sure you scrape the bottom

5. Add chocolate chips to taste, I'm guessing about a cup and a half

6. Add Heath toffee bits to taste, I used about 2/3 a cup...probably.

7. Gently add pretzels

8. Chill dough in freezer for 10 mins, or until dough is no longer sticky

9. Shape into 1.5 in balls. These should be slightly bigger than your average cookie

10. Bake on your silpat for 9-10 mins (because your family gave you an awesome wedding gift)

BEWARE: It's always better to under-bake than over-bake cookies

11. Let cool on the pan for a couple minutes before letting Logan burn his fingers or transferring to a baking rack

12. Bring them to the ward party and be immensely self-satisfied when they are the first dessert to disappear from the otherwise scary buffet of Mormon food

3 comments:

Logan said...

I ate the DaRK aNd TWISteD cOOkIes. I was not disappointed, they were dark in their chocolate, they were twisted in their pretzels, and they were heavenly in my mouth.

Motion DeSmiths said...

Thanks for the testimonial babe. This excuses you from having to get up and say anything tomorrow in fast and testimony meeting.

The Oylers said...

Hey Cousin Logan,
It's been a long time. I was chatting with Bianca on Facebook last night and she gave me your blog address. We are a part of the blogging world too for much of the same reasons your are, "except the hating Provo," part. I've never lived there, so that can't really be one of my reason. Anyway, it looks like you are doing well. Take care.